Nine ways 5G and the IoT will harm humans, the environment, and Earth
1.Health – The robust and growing independent science shows harms to our health from microwave radiation
2. Privacy – The invasion of our privacy from the collection and mining of our digital data3.
3.Cyber Security -The fast growing and devastating cyber security risks
4. Environment – The harms to wildlife, particularly bees, butterflies and other pollinators
5. Energy – The huge energy consumption to produce and power a wireless Internet of Things
7. E-Waste – The astronomical e-waste that will be generated from connecting virtually every “thing” to the Internet
8. Conflict Minerals – 5G and the IoT will vastly grow our dependence on conflict minerals, which have brought about the death of close to 6 million people
9. Ethics — Ethical issues arising from the IoT. New human rights laws are being being considered; how should humans relate to robots and AI? The blurring of what was once a clear delineation between technology and humans.